[Release] SATO Group Establishing SATO Global Solutions and SATO International, Accelerating Global Growth Strategy
Tokyo, October 30, 2014 – SATO, a global leader in barcode printing, labelling, and EPC/RFID solutions, today announced plans to accelerate its global growth strategy through the establishment of two new group companies – SATO Global Solutions and SATO International. Both companies will officially launch in January 2015, with SATO Global Solutions headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, and SATO International in Tokyo, Japan.
As part of SATO’s long-term strategy, corporate globalization and maximization of customer value were targeted as focus areas to grow its business overseas. These areas were core components of the medium-term management plan executed over the course of FY2012 to FY2014, resulting in the following achievements for FY2013.
- Overseas Sales: JPY 28.3 billion,* a 153% increase from 2011
- Overseas Sales Ratio: 29.3%, a 23% increase from 2011
- Overseas Operating Income: JPY 1.8 billion,* a 461% increase from 2011
- Overseas Operating Income Ratio: 6.4%, a 2.1% increase from 2011
*highest figures ever recorded
Mike Beedles has been appointed to lead SATO Global Solutions. Mr. Beedles has a strong entrepreneurial background and deep knowledge of supply chain management, with over twenty years of consulting, sales and management experience. Since 2007 he has led a specialized team within SATO America focused on system integration, developing and deploying warehouse management systems, traceability systems and RFID solutions.
To ensure the rapid execution of the Group’s strategy, Kaz Matsuyama, President and CEO of SATO Holdings, will also serve as the head of SATO International, allowing for central management of global business operations and close cooperation between the Japan HQ and overseas group companies.
About SATO Global Solutions, LLC
About SATO International
- With software development as a core competence, SATO Global Solutions will deliver a unique brand of Auto-Identification solution integration, covering hardware and consumables development, manufacturing and maintenance.
- The company will bring together SATO’s engineered solutions from around the world and provide world class service to customers globally.
- It will focus on building strategic alliances, and provide one-stop solutions to customers in a range of industries including manufacturing, retail, logistics and healthcare.
- SATO International will integrate and oversee all aspects of overseas business activities including boosting earnings potential, improving group synergy, crafting and executing global strategy, supporting sales activities and customer management.
- Through the introduction of this new management structure, SATO International will seek to expand and grow SATO's overseas business, developing a core revenue source for the Group.
SATO is a pioneer and leading global provider of integrated Automatic Identification and Data Collection solutions that leverage barcode, two-dimensional stacked & QR code, color code, digital watermarking, and UHF/HF/PJM RFID technologies. SATO delivers innovative end-to-end solutions to businesses as a single point responsibility for hardware, consumables, maintenance management, application software, each designed to enhance customer value. SATO solutions enable better business efficiencies and environmental protection to contribute to the development of a sustainable world.
Founded in 1940, SATO is publicly listed on the first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange in Japan. It has sales and support offices in over 20 countries and is represented globally through a world-class network of partners. For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014, it reported revenues of JPY 96,773 million (US$ 966 million). More information about SATO can be found at www.satoworldwide.com.
*Conversion is based on an average exchange rate of 1 US Dollar = 100.16 Japanese Yen.
For Media Enquiries:
Public Relations Group SATO Holdings Corporation